Posted on: August 9, 2009 | By Maigal
This article was submitted by a MyHappyFinds reader (Crouching Tiger). He would like to share his views on why he dates fobby girls. Enjoy!
After reading comments by conceited Asian females, the ‘Sex and the City’ wannabes on this blog, I have decided to add my own opinion on dating an Asian Female. Not just any Asian Female, but a FOB. So what is a FOB? FOB stands for ‘Fresh off the Boat’ and is a derogatory term referring to Asian Immigrants by mainly “American Born Chinese” (ABC). There are many types of FOB’s and the term has become a cliché used by all Asians in reference to each other. For example, you can be considered a FOB if: you hang out at Chinese karaoke bars or in Chinatown (not borough specific), speak/write/read Chinese, do not speak/write/read English, were born in a different country, or dress in a non-American style.
I have dated both types of Asian females, and the difference between the two is like comparing a Honda (low maintenance and long lasting) to a GM (no explanation needed) automobile. The Asian females nowadays, who were once FOB’s themselves, calumniate other Asians because they have been in promiscuous relationships with non-Asians. (Wow! Now you can say you slept with a white guy and check that off your New Year’s resolution). Most ABC’s are materialistic, you girls know who you are. How many times have you bitched and cried because you did not get that Prada, Gucci, or LV bag for Christmas, and then turned around and whined to your girlfriends about your man, complaining how he is an egotistical, chauvinistic, or frugal boyfriend. Seriously, enough with the disparaging comments on Asian males, such as: apprehensive, unwilling, short (both in height and man-hood), close-minded, and overly selective. Let me give you something better to comment about.
Why I choose to date fobby girls:
- Monetary – Majority of the females from overseas do not need to be lavished with expensive gifts or dinners. Most are satisfied with who you are and not with the car you drive or the house you own. With that being said, that doesn’t mean you can flaunt your wealth, and expect the same for every girl. It is the nature of the beast with any female; if you flaunt it, be ready to spend it.
- Approachability – If you talk to them, they will most likely respond back with an answer and not with a stare-away or cold-shoulder. They are more receptive towards people, but I am not saying they will welcome all with open arms. And also most of their friends are not CB (cock-blockers)-I find that a plus when talking to girls. You know who the CB’s are before approaching any group, so for you CB out there, go sit in the corner and sip on a Mai Tai.
- Linguistic – It is always a plus for a girl to speak a different language. I find it useful on many occasions, times when she can order my favorite dinner items, when I am lost in translation. For you non-believers, my brother’s wife is an ABC and unfortunately for him he only gets to eat Ma Po Tofu or General Tso’s Chicken.
- Standards – I found that they are less concerned with physical attributes. But I am not saying they are attracted to just anyone, chances are you won’t be turned down based on physical attributes alone. I also found that you have to speak some Chinese before riding on the Yangtze River.
- Domestic – They will help with your laundry or some other chores in your house. How many of you can say your girlfriend is willing to do your laundry every week?
Before you start to flame, I will tell you I do have a girlfriend and you can call me a geek, nerd, FOB, or whatever adjective you have on your mind. The truth of the matter is I have a relationship, and while you watch re-runs of ‘Sex and the city’, I’ll be having sex in the city.
- Interracial Dating – Asian Men and White Men
- Response to, Why Asian Women Date White Guys (from an Asian male perspective)
- Why Asian Women Date White Men?
- Top 10 Things Girls Shouldn’t Do On Their First Date (Guy’s Perspective)