Posted on: July 26, 2012 | By Weezguy
Note: This is an old post from my xanga
How about if you broke your ankle on a date? Yup, I’m serious. Since we are towards the end of the year (can you believe it?) Let me share 2 experiences I’ve had (one recent, and one in a bygone era). Unless you live beneath a makeshift cardboard box in the alley, most of you have had experiences going on dates. Of course some went very well, and some you never wished upon your worst enemies.
Now before I unveil the dates, you want to put odds in your favor. When a guy asks a girl out to: dinner, drinks, Taco Bell, a rodeo etc. etc, Sometimes, you would get a negative response: “I’m busy, this isn’t a good week, my parents are in town, I have to paint the wall, NO, get away from me, didn’t the police warn you? etc. etc.” Read more
Posted on: July 25, 2012 | By MaiLove
Mondays are tough so I thought I’d liven up my evening by having my girls over for dinner. One decided to ask if her “new man” can come as well. Of course he can, it’s only girls’ night. We can save the girl talk for another evening. I ended up making a perfect seafood paella and as they sat there perfectly happy in my perfect apartment along with my perfect dog begging at their side I thought…where is my Mr. Perfect? I paused for a second…then thought instead is he her Mr. Perfect? I mean I sat there and judged a bit more than I should. His head is HUGE against her tiny little one, he’s not as tall as I’d like him to be (for her that is..) and I don’t like accents. I paused again, perhaps in her mind his head is really not at all big but just right. Perhaps his height makes sense against her own? Perhaps accents makes for a more interesting conversation with all those variations in pitch? Besides if it wasn’t him who would it be? That mystery guy in this sea of what I’ve already summed up as insufficient and unsuitable Asian men? He’s at least 5 foot something and has some sense of fashion. Still has all his hair. I can’t tell what’s in his pants but I am sure he’s making her happy in the sack. So the answer is for the moment he is Mr. Perfectly Right Now. I do hope that one day they’d have a place right near me, invite me over for a perfect meal and have their perfect little dog beg at my side as I ask to invite my Mr. Perfect over as well for a Monday evening meal.
Posted on: July 14, 2012 | By MaiLove
I used to think that dating non-Asians, more specifically white was a last option. Nowadays it’s more like a final frontier, like space… somewhere I’ve never been before. But is that ‘somewhere’ better than here??? Read more
Posted on: June 16, 2012 | By Maigal
What makes you a little off or pretty much plain weird? Here is a list that my girlfriends and I came up with. Are you OFF?
- If you were a fat cow and now your life revolves around the gym and fitness every single day, you are OFF. This just shows you are an insecure person.
- If you have been in the same job since you graduated college and never tried to persue another, you are OFF. This just shows you are afraid to move forward in your life and career.
- If you have too may pictures of your dog, you are OFF. There is more to life than your just your pet. You have to find another passion.
- If you are all talk and no action, you are OFF. Action speaks louder than words, so stop the BS.
- If you fill your life with too many activities and can’t sit still and relax, you are OFF.
- If you are closing in at 40 and you still go to Circle every Thursday, you are OFF.
- If you have too many degrees and certifications, you are OFF. This just shows that you don’t know what you really want to do in life. Plus, you are afraid to come out to the real world.
- If you use coupons with everything you do and buy, you are OFF. A little normal if you have kids but if you are single, that is not just OFF it’s a TURN OFF. Please don’t use a groupon on your first, second or third date especially for DINNER.
- If you think you are perfect and fail to see your flaws, you are OFF. No one is perfect and you should not be in denial.
- If you decide to treat but you ask your date to pay the tip, you are OFF. What’s 18% on top of the bill that you are already paying for? You cheapo.