Posted on: July 14, 2012 | By MaiLove
I used to think that dating non-Asians, more specifically white was a last option. Nowadays it’s more like a final frontier, like space… somewhere I’ve never been before. But is that ‘somewhere’ better than here??? Read more
Posted on: October 12, 2011 | By Maiguy
Things that bother Mai Guy:
1. Women that take pictures of every meal on FB. I am noticing a disturbing trend amongst Asian women. The combination of camera phones and FB has created the perfect recipe for one of the most annoying habits known to man. The need to photograph every meal, desert, snack, ball park nachos that a woman stuffs in her face. We get it, you are at a restaurant and you are eating a meal. Now stop photographing! No one gives a sh*t. In protest of this annoying habit I am going to begin photographing every mundane meal I encounter, i.e. my cereal in the morning with a glass of OJ, a bag of potato chips, my subway sandwich, Mc D’s 6 piece nuggets, etc. You get the point. This will be my protest against one of the most annoying things that I have to witness on a daily basis. For some reason, white girls don’t feel the urge to photograph incessantly or at the same rate that Asian women do, not sure why that is. Read more
Posted on: September 1, 2009 | By Maigal
There are many great qualities that most black men have. First, most black men have chiseled athletic bodies with a really tight ass. Look at R&B artists like Usher and Tyrese, their bodies are to die for. Second, most of them can move like Michael Jackson on the dance floor. Those brothers got sleek moves and rhythm. Third, most of them are really funny. I’ll be the first to admit, I love black jokes, especially the racist ones. So, with all these great qualities of black men, why am I not dating them? Here are my top 3 reasons.
- The divorce rate and single families are a lot higher in black couples than Asian couples. According to 2005-2007 American Community Survey 3-Year Estimates, only 30.9% of black couples are married compared to 59.7% of Asian couples. Most of my black friends are either divorced or single moms. My interpretation of the statistics, it doesn’t seem that black men can settle. Since I grew up in a tight family with two parents, I think dating an Asian man might be the safer bet.
- Not economical – My two black roommates in college used to compliment my hair. They told me that if they had my hair, then they wouldn’t need to spend 5-7 hours at the salon to get their hair relaxed and braided. Not only that, it cost more than $200 to get their hair braided. Unless I am married someone rich, I can’t afford my kids to have nice hair. I’m sorry to say this but if I have kids with a black man, their hair might not have that smooth texture compared to Asian hair. In this economy, I can’t afford to take my daughter out to get her hair relaxed or braided every 2 weeks. If she wants Beyonce’s hair, it’ll be out of the question.
- Although we have a black president, racism still exist. Being an Asian and a woman, I already feel like a minority. If I were to have a relationship with a black man, it would only add a greater burden to the relationship. I know love can conquer it all but I’d rather take the easy way out.
I’m not saying I would never date a black man because if Derek Jeter asks me out, I wouldn’t say no. I believe when you truly love someone, race shouldn’t be an issue. Whether he is black, white or yellow, we are still considered one race which is human.
- Top 3 Reasons Why I Wouldn’t Have a One-Night Stand
- Interracial Dating – Asian Men and White Men
- Response to, Why Asian Women Date White Guys (from an Asian male perspective)
- Top 10 Things Girls Shouldn’t Do On Their First Date (Guy’s Perspective)
Posted on: August 31, 2009 | By Maiguy
This question gets asked by friends and acquaintances all the time, “where do I go to meet a quality girl?” I think I speak for a lot of guys out there when I say it gets old just trying to meet women at bars and clubs. The scene is pretty repetitive and clubs tend to attract a certain type of girl, namely superficial and/or wild girls. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, the fact of the matter is a lot of really beautiful women are out at clubs because they want to be seen and have a good time with their friends. But to be honest, your chances of finding a nice and quality girl at one of these places are pretty slim. The environment there just doesn’t lend itself to finding a girlfriend. The music’s loud, lights are dark, you’re both intoxicated and you’re surrounded by a room full of other horny drunk dudes. In the eyes of any potential girl you’ll meet, she’ll probably think of you as just another one of these horny drunk guys. If you do happen to run into a good looking girl out at night and decide you’re going to give it a shot and try to talk her up, keep in mind that she has most likely been hit on at least a dozen times already and is probably not interested in hearing anything out of your mouth. Women are naturally on their defensive at a club. My advice to you, expand your realm of interaction with women by branching out and putting yourself in situations to meet women that is non-threatening to them and doesn’t involve alcohol. Minus the alcohol your judgment will be better and you’ll probably do a better job of weeding out those disgusting girls that only look good because you’re shit faced at the bar. Here are my suggestions to meet quality women in the city.keep looking »